About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Update!

Well another year goes by, and i've been keeping up with my knitting, and crochet, and started up on making jewlery again, and finishing up my first quilt.
So it's been pretty busy.
We also had the second annual KKPSI craft sale, which turned out better profit than last year, and this year we actually had more then just two members knitting for it. There was a good uhh 6 people or so actually contributing. I think my count was about 76 projects set on the table through out the week. and we sold $463 worth.
The cool thing is we actually upped the prices, so while we sold less we made more. I just don't want to go back down to the prices we had last year... $8 for a hat and $10 for a scarf.... it just stung me too much to sell all the work we all do for so cheap. If the customers dont understand it... too bad. Then they probably don't deserve someones hours of a scarf or hat.
Were actually planning on having another sale in the next few weeks, in Coleman Hall down at EIU, so if your interested, stop by! This scarf was made as a matching hat and scarf set, I still have it, so its still for sale!

Just a plain Charcoal gray hat. We had alot of guys coming to the table saying there were no guy hats or scarves, or else they would have bought it. Soooo no more excuses men!


I had alot of scrap yarn leftover so I whipped this up in a couple hours. I love chunky yarn

Another hat done because I had the yarn and wanted to make a green hat. Whats it to ya?

Mom already snatched this from me. After asking me for a week straight if it was done yet, I finally binded off and sewed in the ends. I'm glad she liked it.
Made on the plane ride to Texas during thanksgiving, and sold at the fundraiser

Male scarf for the next fundraiser! NO EXCUSES!!!

Another scarf made out of chunky yarn. The balls of yarn only have enough for half a scarf, so I like mixing the colors.

Chunky cable hat that was sold during the fundraiser
Shhhhhh.... don't tell anyone. He might kill me
I'm getting the beggining signs of carpol tunnel, so sometimes my fingers tingle and my wrist hurts and knitting is just miserable. Pat has been watching me knit so much that he took the needles away from me when he noticed I was wincing, and knit a couple rows. I did have to take it back to purl the wrong side, but he did a really good job for using such small needles and yarn.



Only real men knit BTW.

No comments: