About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

New Years Resolution

I know its only the beginning of December, (well about) but with how busy I know I am going to be I would like to start identifying my New years resolutions now.

1. Once this recital is over, I want to work out at least an hour a day. I can replace practice time with gym time.
-lose 8 pounds and get back to the weight that I was when I first came to college
- which in return will help me fit into my freshman year pants again
- hey I am pretty darn proud that in 5 years, I only gained 8 pounds. I say kudos to me.
2. Knit, crochet, and sew things that are unique, and fun, and will make people want to buy them. Instead of the mass producing I do now.... which doesnt really get much sold because anyone can do what I am doing (unless I am working off a pattern... and then I cant sell it anyways....)
3. Sell a buuuunch of acrylic yarn over ebay. Cause everyone knows I need to destash.
4. Write up, test knit, and produce multiple patterns. Lace/scarves/hats/blankets/ whatever
5. Make money, (save at least 6,000 up by the end of summer) hopefully with student teaching I will still have time to get some work in.
6. Ace student teaching at Casey, and enjoy my time in Florida with the band!
7. Get a teaching job after graduation! Anyone looking for a music/band teacher for middle school or high school?


Thats all I got right now....

But I did finish up a scarf, and a hat, and I plan to sell it in the Kappa Kappa Psi sale this week!
The Prismatic Scarf
by Huan-Hua Chye







Then a plan crocheted blue hat, easy sell.


Working on a test knit Stargazing hat by torirot design. I am really liking this pattern, I think its sweet! I hope to have it done by tonight so that I can put up pictures!

Laters

No comments: