About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Old paintings

Mom likes to give me all the art she doesn't have room for, but can't just throw away. In this instance, I was actually happy to get these from her. My bedroom has a beachy/fishing type theme, and these would fit in great.  The only issue is that there was severe water damage on both frames, and one frame had a grody stain of unknown creation.

So. Let's replace the frame!


I had been putting it off for a while because I did not want to destroy the painting, and to tell you the truth, I had no idea what I was doing.  I am not sure if this is common practice, but it had nails going from the frame into the actual painting.  And the nails were very difficult to remove. Thankfully I did not damage the canvas more then the nails had already done.
Once I got started it was quite easy. And now I have two paintings, both older than me, with no frames.  Next time I have a few free minutes, I will head out and grab a couple frames.


Easy short project, but now I can move on to possibly finishing my current music quilt.....Or I can keep putting that off...

Last but not least- I have to show up my favorite drawing from the midterms I gave my high school students.  Why? Because I said so.

No comments: