About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Ok, so my boyfriends mother showed me a crocheted baby blankie, and asked me to make a sweater that looks like it. (took me a while to understand what she meant since she has a strong Spanish accent....) so i went out with louie, and visited micheals to find a pattern, and yarn. and a week or so later it was finished. But my mistake i gave it to her without taking pictures! so i asked my boyfriend to do it before she left for Guatemala with it. He did and i am greatful as all hell, because im so anal about pictures. but since im so anal about pictures... i regret not doing it myself, since i get all into the details when i take them. But lol i dont expect a non knitter/crocheter to get down with the details, so heres the pics! i love you louie!

for those who can see this pattern, its got a nice little lace edging around the bottem, and a little tie across the front. Its actually a white sparkly yarn, very fine, and soft. the sleeves go out straight from the shoulders, not so poofy. but god did i love making it! and i made louies mom happy! sweet.

No comments: