About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

ooohhhh long days



So, one lecture day left of summer school, and then one review and final day. I'm literally jumping out of my seat with excitement. Except I'm not. Cause I have been up since 7 am...

But enough about school. I have gotten alot of knitting done in the past couple days. This first project I am pretty excited about.

Saroyan by Liz Abinante.
This picture kinda shows how long it is and how wide it is. I did not do as many increases as she suggested, just because I'm not a totally long shawl type of person. Also shows how shiney the yarn is!
Pretty close up of the leaves
Artsy fartsy
This is a scarf that I just used a pattern from a stitch dictionary. I really do like how the yarn and pattern come together, I just didn't like how long it took to knit.. It's just constant cables, and i am not a fully patient person... But I am glad to have it done, and will be putting it on my etsy shop in the next couple days.



Now off to class, then to one job in the EIU recording studio, then to a different job at EIU catering, then to the gym, then home to finally relax a little. Maybe do some quilting.

Around 9 pm, I'm doing my daily mile. I know some people do daily 22 miles, but my lungs don't hold out for that long. They just give out. I can work out in the gym for hours and feel fine, but through me on the road and sometimes my lungs want to kill me.
Back in high school they made us run the mile, and I hated running, so I walked. It was somewhere around a 15 minute mile. I finally found and area that is an accurate mile, and Monday I timed a run. With my friend laura, so we had to take it a little easy but I know I pushed her. Our first days time came out to 11.02. We ran the mile yesterday and I pushed her to only walk half a lap, and we got the time up to 10.32. I'm gonna try it by myself tonight and see what I can get without having to worry about leaving someone behind or not.

Goal for this summer-lose 10 pounds. While in the process lifting weights and building muscle.

Dayum

No comments: