About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Saturday, June 05, 2010

Weekend

Well this weekend was a bust for getting out to the island...
I drove 6 hours after getting out of class Thursday to get home. A drive which would normally take 3 hours. But construction was terrible. A road I would normally travel 70 or higher on, I was traveling 20. The entire freaking way... ughness

It was supposed to rain on Friday, so we decided not to head out. It rained once... For ten minutes tops. All while the sun was shining. of course it only started raining when dad went outside to make pork chops on the grill. Makes sense. Someone is screwing around with this family...

I did get alot of knitting and quilting done. I finished up this purse!



Its made out of sari silk yarn. Cool story behind this type of yarn. Its spun out of the leftover tidbits that fall on the floor while making Indian sari scarves. You can sometimes find little pieces of sticks or grass in the yarn!

Still working on my cousins graduation quilt. due the 22nd... Taking forever...

Started a baby blanket, granny squares.
Still have to finish my other baby blanket, working with treble crochet to make long lines.
About halfway through with Saroyan.
And slowly making progress on my braids scarf. slow... slow boring process..

Thats it for now me thinks.

No comments: