About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day to day knitting

Ok, so.
This is actually my second pair of socks, like I said, the first one went to a past boyfriend. I made these up so that I can get back into the swing of things. When it comes to knitting socks that is.

They turned out big, but they fit my mom just fine. She wants to use them as airport socks. Which I have no idea what that means....

They are loose, I used big needles like the pattern called for, but I felt that I was making slippers and not socks. No biggie, I just try again!
This is my "Dirty Vikings" shawl. Which I love with a passion! I love the colors, I love the pattern, and I cannot wait until I can wear it once it hits fall!
The pattern is
Waves of Leaves Shawl by Ijeoma Oluo
And it is very well written, and I highly recommend it!


Look at how pretty it is! Fall come faster! Cause I would be committing suicide if I decided to wear it in this weather!

More to come later when I have the time a patience to wait for the pics to upload.
Duuuuh

No comments: