About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Trip to NJ and stuff

Mom always wants pictures, so Greg and I were posing for her. She wanted my head closer to Greg. I think I dun good.
Me, Laura (my cousin), and Greg (brother). This is how they pose in New Jersey. Its kinda nerdy?
Mooooom! Take a picture of us! I got blue balls!
Now heres for the crafty stuff. I made Laura a huge quilt for her graduation. I didn't get any close ups yet, but I'm trying to get her to send me a couple pics of it! She loved it! Took me over 5 months. I love it, almost didn't give it away. but I am so proud of her! She is becoming a music major just like me!
Even Aunt Linda loved it!
She looked really surprised! I'm so happy she liked it!


I am currently working on Lace Ribbon Scarf by Veronik Avery. I love the pattern, the yarn is the color I want, but I just hope that it softens up in the wash when its done. It is running on the rough side... sigh...

Til next time!

No comments: