About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Monday, August 13, 2012

Babies!

No no, not me! That would be going backwards in trying to save money.

Plus I already have two wonderful fur babies!


They cuddle whether they like it or not!

I have been knitting a bunch for friends that have been having babies though. Which is something I don't normally do.  I am not sure why though! It is always great to see babies wearing/cuddling with something I have put my heart and soul into.
This is my boyfriends- cousins- son.  We had driven to Indiana to visit last year, and to meet the new baby boy Russel.  He was adorable!  I wanted to stick with the zoo theme, and decided to make a blanket that was giraffe colored.  I think I did a good job!
The mother made me realize why I do things like this when she sent me this
 "I just want to thank Vanessa for making this beautiful blanket for Russell! He sleeps with it every night and nap time. It is the perfect size and gives him a little warmth and comfort but also gives us the relief of if he were to pull it over his face he could still breath because of the holes. You did a wonderful job making it so thank you very much!"
It just made me smile!  I am glad he is using it, and actually sleeping under it!


Next up is a project for a photography.  She is the mother of one of my brothers friends.  I love her photography, and thought... hmmm... what a way to advertise! I don't actually know any babies in town, so its hard to take pictures of how big a hat is to post in my shop.  We struck up some ideas and decided to make things fun!

I knit this hat up as a "Dr. Seuss" theme.  I think it worked out and he turned out adorable in it! Eventually more baby hats will be for sale in my shop!  I can't wait!


I will leave you with this!
I marched in a parade this weekend with the "Best We Could Do Band".  I was able to get a couple of my students to march with me too! Next year I hope to get even more.  It was a blast, though I finally just got over being sore!  I hope all my students get excited for marching!

That is all for today!

No comments: