About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Monday, October 22, 2012

I bought a house!

I took the next big step in my life, buying my first house.

I could not have done it without the financial help from my parents, they made the downpayment possible.

I am so happy! My first week in the house went perfectly.

Officially one week in my house! 
Things I have learned/realized/come to love-
1. I can wake up an hour early and walk around, not having to worry about the people below me.
2. I don't have to wake up early because of the people above me.
3. I HAVE A FREAKING ICE MAKER IN MY FRIDGE!
4. I can decorate, paint, and do my own gardening. (though the weather has not been outdoor friendly since I have mo
ved in)
5. I have a bathroom drawer, that has a plug in it. So I can plug in my hair dryer, and not have the cords everywhere. EPIC.
6. During the summer, I can do private lessons in my air conditioned kitchen, instead of Mac's sweat chambers. (and Parents can read magazines in my living room!)
7. I can do laundry without it getting stolen.
8. I HAVE A CRAFT ROOM ALL TO MYSELF. (Well... the whole house is all to myself, but you get the point)
9. I can park my car in a garage, and not get rained on.
10. I actually like unpacking boxes.
11. I have a dishwasher. Nuff said.
12. and Lastly! There are no creepy guys that stare into my apartment, and no ganstas rapping in the hallways.




I am having a blast.  For the first time in a year and a half, I had friends visit me.  Every day this past weekend friends were coming over, hanging out, and crafting with me.  (if you saw where I lived last, you would understand how no one came to see me because they felt unsafe!)

We crafted all weekend! 
This is one of my friends, Jen (who was actually a senior in my band class last year, but is now a great friend!)  She came over to help me decorate letters!
We painted them black first, then stenciled on bright colors.



 Look at how pretty they turned out!

 A great big "MAKE STUFF" for my craft room wall!

I also have time now to relax a little and knit!  I have updated my shop with many items- feel free to stop by and check them out! Winter is finally starting!








Lastly- My kitten touched grass for the first time in her whole life this week!  She had a blast exploring! 

2 comments:

Selana said...

Yay for your own house... and I love the letters you decorated

Enid said...

could feel the happiness coming thru; the written words
xxxx