About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Newest project!

I'm looking to create my own patterns and actually write them down and sell them. I make so many things that I use my own patterns for that I really could possibly bring in some money while doing so.

This is one of my newest projects, and I really did like how it turned out!

Artsy picture. good stuff.

Me wearing the shawl. Which I never do. According to my grade school friends, my wardrobe lacks color. My closet is full of grays, browns, blacks, and blues. That is it. So when i put on this shawl I felt like a rainbow. A very happy rainbow.
This is a pattern that I am going to write out and publish for sale. I am very excited!

To end this entry. My friends Sarah and Kelly showed me the exciting feeling of being in a yarn store with money. I have been in yarn stores, I have bought yarn online. But this was a new experience. I could actually look around and purchase things I wanted, and really just feel great doing it.

I spent $104.65 on yarn.

And I smiled the entire way.

No comments: