About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Friday, April 01, 2011

Day Four: 31st March. Where are they now?

I am a day late. Sue me. It was my 23rd birthday yesterday and I was literally busy all day! I was teaching all morning, and then as soon as I got home I went to the gym for an hour or so. Yes. I went to the gym on my birthday.

Then the boyfriend made me dinner, and presented me with birthday presents!


Let me explain, so you don't think I am an ax murderer.

A week or so ago, I was trying to cut up a pineapple. with a steak knife.

Lets just say all the sawing in the world did not get me past that rind. I gave up. And in my tiny apartment, it was the only sharp knife I had... I had to borrow a neighbors to eat that delicious fruit. But I complained for days...

So he bought me a set of knives. And then donated some that he had laying around to my cause. (I felt bad for taking them, but he assumed me when we move in together, he will get them back anyways)

He also bought me a pan, since the pan I have.... well it burns everything.

But now that its not my birthday, I am going to catch on on the Knitting and Crochet Week!

I want to talk about some of the toys I have made, and who they went to. I do not know how they are doing recently, but I know they were my most favorite to make up!


First up. My soph. year roomie and I were obsessed with those beef jerky big foot commercials. And it was Christmas. So I wanted to make her something to remember the good times we had. I crocheted/knitted her up a big foot.

She loved it. It was hard to give up!
She was dating a guy named Trevor, who was always a great guy to me. I decided since he liked turtles to knit him up a Shelden. I am sure he still has it laying around!


If you have not caught on with the big foot, I will randomly make something up. This is a camel I was dared to make. Is it perfect? heck no. But the guy that dared me had such a great laugh when he got it, that my week was made.

This is Rupert. I made it for a guy I was dating Soph, year of college. We named it Rupert after the Family Guy teddy. I absolutely love how cute this pattern turned out. I even used older looking yarn to give it a... used look. I have not talked to this guy for a while now, but I am sure he still has it laying around somewhere!

A lobster. Long story short, Rock Lobster is my besties and my fav song. So I knit her a lobster. She laughed. I laughed. She still has it. But I am sure in the mess of her room she will never find it! :)


Lastly, was the duck I knit up for my brother. He was dating a girl who wanted a duck. I knit it, he handed it over, they broke up, He wanted it back. Of course once he got it back, he didnt want to keep it. So I got it back. It now sits on my bed at the rents house. I love it. I put so much work into this little guy. It will stay with me until I die.

That is if I can get it away from my cat!

No comments: