1.Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?shoot I will use anything I can get my hands on, hence my mother buying me yarns normal people wouldn’t use (because they were on sale)
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I do crochet, and ive been meaning to learn how to spin
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?one of my mothers friends gave me money in this little box container thingy, and I keep all my hooks in there, my needles? In my little cabinet
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?I have been knitting since about beginning of senior year, and havent stopped for a day since. id consider my self intermediate, just because i havent tried lace yet.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?yeah, and feel free to use it!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html/102-1173005-4611323?ie=UTF8&type=wishlist&id=17Q977BDLZQK9 think thats it
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) vanilla, something fruity and light. pumpkin pie mmmm
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? twix, and depending on my mood those really big chewy sweet tarts
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? crochet, knit, sew, jewlery, and just craft in general
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) jacks mannaquin, bright eyes, missy higgins, john Mayer, panic! at the disco, random bands like that, anything but rap and really ghetto stuff
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
i love light colors, pastel and stuff, but sometimes its just nice to have a dark red or blue
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?mom dad and little brother, oh yeah, trilby my pet betta, callie my kitty, and terrence my gecko
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? scarves yeah, hats yeah, mittens sure, not so much ponchos
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?im ok with most anything, really! gota be soft, and just kinda trail across my fingers without snagging,
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?except the really harsh acrylics... ug.. like thinking about getting a paper cut...
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?hats, always, they knit up so fast, scrap projects to get rid of the huge reasource of extra balls of yarns, and stuffed things
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?hats
17. What are you knitting right now?a big foot for my college friend
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?omg any day!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?i like circular, easier to work with i think
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? i can work with all three, but aluminum seems too loud for me, and can get on my nerves
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? nope
22. How did you learn to knit?mostly self taught with some help from my buddy megan
23. How old is your oldest UFO? hmmm well here at college? maybe 7 weeks, at home, the lord only knows...
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?fairies, uhhh i love kittens and puppies, their not as fun when they grow up
25. What is your favorite holiday? fridays, ha uhh my birthday, just cause i get an overload of yarn....
26. Is there anything that you collect? yarn... yeah... and needles and hooks
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? creative knitting, been looking to get Knit 1 but i dont have extra cash
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?well all the books im looking for are on my wish list on amazon
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?lace, cables, hmm im not quite sure of any more
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? not really, i know id get through one, feel good about it, and never do the second one... size 9-10ish
31. When is your birthday? march 31st 1988
- Illinois, United States
- I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!