About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

you know my absolute favorite thing to do? sit under my covers knitting something new...

ok big deal... i found the yarn... it was were i looked before.
i swear on my life..
but now that i did the critter, i also started on a hat which is just about done. so that is the first thing on my list.
so i am very proud of myself, i came to college not knowing my major or minor scales, i was never really taught them, i knew C major and thats about it, i didnt understand how minor scales connect, or that the name of the scale is the note you start on. yeah yeah lame i know, but its amazing how much you learn. I have jury next monday, 1o am, and yeah im worried about it, especially with how ive been blacking out recently, ug....
but i feel confident, i really do.
and now heres the fun part of the day....
this would have to be my first christmas present from a friend. lovely knit slippers from walmart (lol) i had admired the ones she had, and we went to walmart one day and i saw them and i got sooo excited. thankfully i didnt buy any cause she had already gotten a pair for me.
oh yeah and the best part? a christmas tree made entirely of hersheys kisses. im gonna cherish that. oh yeah.







you know somethings not working out right when i give this face. (ignore how tired and grumpy i look, its finals week, i have a right to be grumpy.)

No comments: