About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Current Projects

I have been trying to finish up this scarf... forever it seems...

Tiny needles kill me though.

I love this pattern, I love how it looks, I love the yarn (Alice gave it to me when I told everyone I was looking for "road line" yellow yarn!)


It is just taking forever! But I have made a ton of progress which is nice!

I will not start any other knitting projects until this project is done.


Though.... That does not count for spinning. Looking to create something out of this awesome roving! I think this is something I will start up today, see how far I get in the next couple hours while waiting for some peeps to sign up for my test knit!





Then to finish up this post, heres my baby! Terrence!
He is my leopard gecko, and I love him dearly! ain't he just the bugger?


I wanted to add, that starting this week (the 10th) when I am student teaching, I will start working on the Special K Challenge. I figure that eating something healthy, and having my entire meal planned out would be better than eating fast food with my cooperating teacher every day. Plus losing the weight wouldnt hurt either, I have noticed some thunder thighs going on (tho technically I have always had them, was a big swimmer when I was younger... No ready availible pool around here though.... :( )
No I do not think I am fat, so please don't comment saying "oh you don't need to lose weight" Cause I will find you and punch you in the arm. I am just trying to get into better shape, and since I will be busy teaching all this semester (and working whenever I get a chance) I know I will have no time to work out.

I am doing it to stay in shape. Or get into a shape.

:)

4 comments:

ARE said...

Haha, yeah sorry it was scratchy though. I'm sure after some soaking in softener it will be alright. It looks fun tho!

luganknitter said...

Truthfully it has been knitting up pretty soft. (probably because it has been sitting for so long!)
But I want to get this done in the next couple weeks!

Anonymous said...

Anything smaller than 4's and I start to twitch. But what I really love is the gecko. We have been contemplating delving into the reptile realm and our oldest explained to us that the most popular entry level reptile is the leopard gecko. Terrance is a cutie. Guess we're adopting this weekend.

luganknitter said...

Geckos are awesome! When I take him out of the cage he crawls up to my shoulder and sits there until I put him back in the cage! I love the little guy!