About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Friday, January 07, 2011

New Pattern!

So I took this winter break to think up some patterns, and this is the one I am currently working on.

I knitted up the first set with a handspun yarn that I received as a RAK sometime last year. I Really like the yarn. I was not fond of how it knitted up in this project though, it just feels like a yarn I should have made into a purse or something, kinda scratchy...

I wrote up the pattern, and I am currently testing it with some awesome people. Eventually, (in the next 3 weeks) I will have the pattern posted in my Etsy shop! :)

Hanging by a Thread- Hat and Scarf Pattern


I reknitted the hat, just because I felt like the yarn didn't do it justice, and I do like it in the blue (Vanna White) yarn. I would reknit the hat in the same yarn, but I don't have a full out skein of it, and I really don't want to buy more yarn!


I love the color, I was not able to block it in time for this picture so it looks scrunched up and uneven. I did take a new picture of it blocking, but the colors are all off! Just can't win....

If you are interested in testing this please check out http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/free-pattern-testers/1469430/1-25 or http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/the-testing-pool/1467829/1-25

I coud really use your help!

Off to find something else to work on. Possibly my Lace Ribbon Scarf by Veronik Avery, that I kinda pushed to the side... gah...

No comments: