About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Saturday, January 01, 2011

The first finished projects of 2011!

I crocheted up a couple baby hats today, to try and stash bust. So technically these are the first finished projects of 2011. Cute, soft, and looking for a baby's head.....



Next up (finished on the 1st, but technically started in 2010....) is my Country Lovin' scarf, which is technically "Heart to Heart Beaded Scarf" by Sivia Harding. I did this project without the beads, but I loved the yarn and the pattern ooooohhhh sooooo mmmmuuuucccchh. This is definitely a pattern I will be coming back to in the future.





I was able to finish this up with Becky today when we were knitting in Starbucks for a couple hours. It felt great to finally get it off my needles, because I have been working on it for quite some time now. It doesn't take that much time out of my days, but really did not have much time to work on it at all this last semester!

What a good way to start off the new year. (I am not counting this towards my New Years' knitting goal!!!
Currently blocking on my bedroom floor, I will pick it up tomorrow and take some action pictures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the scarf. I may have to put one on the 'to do' list too!