About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Friday, December 31, 2010

My crafting goals for 2011

I see everyone doing their knitting goals on twitter and other blogs, so I thought I would join in.

Only, I would like to spread all my abilities this year, so this might be lengthy.



Knitting:
-at least 4 pairs of socks this year. (to practice my sock making skillz)
-5 lacy shawls
-10 scarves
-15 hats
-at least 2 fingerless gloves
-I would really like to get a sweater in for myself, something comfy


Crochet:
-at least 7 scarves
-at least 5 hats
-3-4 bags

Embroidery/cross stitch:
-Really work on my abilities
-Take it all to a whole new level, and try to make things fun
-I would like to do one embroidery a month. At least

Sewing/quilting:
-one quilt this year
-One sewn purse a month



Patterns I MUST do:
-Lacy Baktus by Terhi Montonen
-Pedestrian Crossing Cowl by Melissa
-Betiko by Lee Meredith
-End of May Hat by Mandy Powers
-Citron by Hilary Smith Callis
-Bowtie Pi by Cheri McEwen
-Basic Cabled Socks by Brainylady


This will definately be a post I keep coming back to!
What are your New Years crafting resolutions?

No comments: