About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Thursday, December 09, 2010

New Yarn!!!!

I have to admit that I spent some more money on yarn. At a new yarn store.
http://www.the-yarn-studio.com/

Its a cute little shop, the owner is great, and the older ladies that were restocking the shelves were amazing!

Araucania - quillay color:2




Fame Trend color: 660





Heritage: Cascade Yarns Color: 9872





I will be student teaching in this town all next semester, and I know I will be spending all my free time (in between class and the basketball band) knitting in this store with these amazing ladies!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vanessa, I was thrilled to buy the little crochet hat from you in the Doudna concourse last week! I received so many compliments when I wore it that I would love to learn how to make it myself!

If you are home now and looking for 2 more hats for me, I would also love to buy 5 of the stitch markers!

You have such an interesting site and I cannot wait to tell my daughter about you! We are both knitters...I taught her how when she was in college and she just ran with it and is now knitting for her friends and her two daughters (toddlers)!

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!!
Mary Garrett
2220 Doudna
217-25-5434 (cell)