About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Friday, December 31, 2010

We were at the beach, Everybody had matching towels

So for another part of my Christmas presents to friends (we technically have not really exchanged presents yet) I plan on giving everyone a personalized embroidery.

I just finished up Liz's embroidery!

We always jam out to the song Rock Lobster, and for the longest time I thought one of they lyrics was "Incane the narwhal". It didnt make sense. One day she realized what I was saying and laughed at me. It's so obvious I was wrong. The actual lyrics are "In Came The Narwhal".

Duhness.


So for part of her Christmas present I stitched this up.


Hard to tell what the lime green says in the photo (The Narwhal) but it is not too bad in real life. Lime green is/was her favorite color forevvvver.

So I am going to go out and buy cute little frames for everyone and then have each person an individualized special embroidery.

But for now I have to sleep, throwing a family New Years party tomorrow during the day, and then spending the night with Steve and my friends!

:)

Happy almost New Years everyone!

No comments: