About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Funky Watermelon!

I have a lot of yarn. I am not kidding. Bags, upon bags upon bags, upon underbed storage containers (6) upon a huge IKEA storage container full (6 feet x 4 feet) Upon those big tupperware containers (4) upon randomly stashed and bagged lone skeins.

So. My goal for this new year is to start using all the crappy cheap ...... acrylic.... yarn, so I can make room for the beautiful stuff I will be receiving, or have already received.

This was one of those stash busters. I know years back I had used some of this yarn, and I hated it. No tag, no label, cant remember what it is. But its not that bad! I think I knit with it last time, and it kept splitting on me. But crochet is the way to go with it!





Kitty wanted to get in on it! BTW she has been feeling better! No waking me up in the middle of the night with a cough!


Off to the boyfriends now to make corndogs from the mix he got me for Christmas, then back to my hometown to make tamales with my childhood friends! Its an awesome tradition and it lets me learn how to make things from other cultures!

I love my friends so much!

No comments: