About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ok. Now I am done....

The lack of a pyroclastic flow was killing me. For those who don't know what this is, it is the fast moving current of rock and hot gas, upwards of 1,830 degrees F. It usually hugs the ground and travels downhill (so down the side of the volcano). Pompeii was engulfed by a pyroclastic flow, and it just ruins towns on impact.

So since its a volcano, and it was missing the pyroclastic flow, I added it in. Technically. Abstractly.

Because I didn't feel like adding in another boring cloud.
So if Steve has any issues with figuring out what this embroidery is, its literally spelled out for him now. :)







Ok, gonna go soak it and let it dry before framing and wrapping it.

Halfway done with Liz's left sock. Once that is done I will block and wrap them.

Shopping with the mother at 5 today! Going to get me some teacher clothes for Christmas!

No comments: