About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Some projects going on right now

I promise to post pictures from the recital as soon as my photographer gets them to me!
Until then, heres some of my horrible photography on current projects!

I did a test knit Otterwise design, Winter Vine Cowl. It was pretty easy, and I liked the yarn with it. (Though the pictures dont do it any justice... I need a new camera!) I would recommend the pattern!






This is a Christmas present for my cousins wife, she has introduced me to make up... which my bank account hates, but at least I feel more grown up! She is making me a bracelet in return!





I also have been asked to knit a pair of socks for my close friend Liz from my hometown, and Im stuck between Basic Cabled Socks by Brainylady and Kalajoki by Tiina Seppälä.

I also have been requested to sew up a drawstring bag for a set of recording studio headphones, knit a scarf for a friend, knit a funky hat for my boyfriends friend, and sew up a cover for my moms foot stool that her father made.

I just need to get through this week of homework! But at least practice is all done!

Tonight was my last concert and performance ever at EIU. It makes me sad...
College is just about over, and I dont feel as if i lived as a college student at all!


Wednesdays schedule: work 7-9, so I do not get fired over stupidness... shower and clean up 9-10, class 10-11, presentation 11-12, Practicum 12-4, KKPSI going away 430-6, homework 6-7, and then knitting club!!!!


FINALLY KNITTING CLUB!


then more homework. of course.

No comments: