About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ummmm... Move?

So I was working on my boyfriends Christmas present. A cross stitch ish diagram of a volcano. He wants to be an earth science/geology teacher when we graduates, and loves watching "How the Earth was Made" and tv shows like "Blue Planet". He actually owns most of the series. My favorite episodes are the ones with volcanos. So I decided.... why not?

Two hours into it I was needing a break. And I believe my cat Callie thought so too. She decided to... interrupt....






When I finally pushed her off of my materials so I could start sewing again.... she ignored me.... silly kitty.




I should get most of this embroidery done by tonight. I plan on sitting down with my mom, watch a movie, and stitch until my fingers bleed. Which is getting very close, because it hurts to type.


I will work on Liz's socks if I get bored!

3 comments:

PJ said...

I want to hug your cat! What a baby!

ARE said...

Did you still want the pattern if I am able to find it?

luganknitter said...

Guessing this is Alice? haha don't worry about it. I decided to do the diagram that he said was accurate. its been 5 ish hours so far working on it. (on and off... my fingers are not used to it yet..) I don't have all the thread colors I need, I have been using green, red, orange, and black. But I need gray for the ash cloud. So I won't be able to get it all done tonight. Its nothing amazing, but I like it so far! It's cute, you might actually be proud of me for this project!