About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Friday, December 31, 2010

Hawks Game!

Ok this will be my last non-craft post of the day. (though I consider cooking to be a craft, and so under that circumstance, this is the first and last non crafting post. hahaha)

Steve received two Blackhawks tickets form his parents and he invited me to come along. It has been 13 years since he was at a game, and the only game I have been at was a Wolves game the he took me to a few months ago. So this was the first Hawks game (of many to come I hope!)

It was a pretty cool experience. Mind you, I am not the sports fan. But Steve invited me to watch the Championship game (where the Hawks won the Stanley Cup) and after that we started hanging out more, and he asked me out on July 4th! (at a Schaumburg Flyers baseball game) So I feel that since sports brought us together, I might as well give it a taste. And truthfully... I don't hate sports. I cannot stand watching it on TV. Especially hockey. I can never see where the puck is. So I totally dig going to actually watch a hockey game, in the audience.

It's so much fun to hear what everyone around you has to say.... hahaha


Yay!
Me and Steve enjoying our seats!

Surprise surprise! We found one of my best friends Liz there! Literally four rows behind us! Imagine that, United Center, full up. And she was literally right behind us!!!


I'm starting to like sports. *Gasp*

No comments: