About Me

My photo
Illinois, United States
I am a band director at five private schools in Kankakee. Music is a big part of my life, but knitting and crafting are right up there too. I own a ridiculous stash of yarn, which I am slowly using... and replacing with better yarn... I tend to knit and crochet a lot, in class, out of class, while watching tv, while driving, pretty much constantly. I have been involved with crochet romantically for 15 years, and involved with knitting for 11 years. They sometimes get jealous of each other. I think its funny. Along with knitting and crocheting, I quilt, spin (drop spindle) and design patterns!!

Monday, December 27, 2010

What I am working on. G Dawg.

So, I have a lot of little projects going on. Liz's socks are the big thing right now, and I am hopefully just about done with that. I got halfway through the arch of the foot and realized I did not account for the extra stitches I added in, so the triangle on the side of the foot was not there. I had to pull back all my stitches and start again. sigh...


Also started a baby hat, just to start a small collection for sale in my store. Maybe 2 or 3 cute little hats! Not sure yet.



Started another hat, with the panda silk I got from my friend Sarah, http://www.rainloverknits.com, and have not gotten very far on that since I threw it down to work on Liz's socks.




Last but not least, I started a crochet hat with some of this really interesting yarn... did not have a tag, so I don't know the actual yarn. But it looks like it has little wormies in it!!! I will crochet the whole scarf in this pink color, and then single crochet all around the edges with a green in the same yarn, so it has a cute little watermelon look to it.


Off to work on Liz's socks for a bit, then out to hang with my hometown group of friends!!!

No comments: